Mobile Pilot Unit Tests Soil, Waste-Streams
Reterro’s IP-protected pilot unit is a finite element scaled technology system that enables the company to test on-site soil and waste streams undergoing its proprietary cleaning and remediation methodology. The pilot unit provides site-specific performance data for use in project design and feasibility studies.
The pilot unit uses the Reterro Principle and removes hydro-carbon waste from soil within hours to the desired clean-up level, the company says. The Reterro Principle has a small on-site footprint and flameless process that delivers immediate certainty in safe soil and waste-stream remediation. The company says it is a rapid, cost-effective, clean and compliant method to prevent ongoing contamination and unlock value in previously unusable locations.
Reterro’s product also precludes the need for hauling contaminated soil across jurisdictions that often object to such shipments because of health and safety concerns. In a current Reterro engagement, project managers estimate that the company’s solution is reducing large truck traffic by 2,800,000 miles, which reduces emissions and traffic-related accidents.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense