Sustainable Packing ‘Essential Part of Business’
In a column for the industry publication, Sam Shepherd-Fidler, Smithers Pira operations director of distribution and product testing, highlights five consumer trends shaking up the packaging industry.
Sustainability, he writes, is no. 1, as consumers change their buying habits based on environmental issues. Buyers want to know how a product was made, where it comes from and its recyclability. Communicating a commitment to sustainability on packaging is key to attracting and keeping customers, Shepherd-Fidler says.
Sustainable packaging will be a key growth area in 2014 and beyond, according to Frost & Sullivan’s predictions for the global chemical, materials and food industry.
Image Credit: Recyclable packaging via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform