Sustainable Packing ‘Essential Part of Business’
In a column for the industry publication, Sam Shepherd-Fidler, Smithers Pira operations director of distribution and product testing, highlights five consumer trends shaking up the packaging industry.
Sustainability, he writes, is no. 1, as consumers change their buying habits based on environmental issues. Buyers want to know how a product was made, where it comes from and its recyclability. Communicating a commitment to sustainability on packaging is key to attracting and keeping customers, Shepherd-Fidler says.
Sustainable packaging will be a key growth area in 2014 and beyond, according to Frost & Sullivan’s predictions for the global chemical, materials and food industry.
Image Credit: Recyclable packaging via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls