Sustainable Packing ‘Essential Part of Business’
In a column for the industry publication, Sam Shepherd-Fidler, Smithers Pira operations director of distribution and product testing, highlights five consumer trends shaking up the packaging industry.
Sustainability, he writes, is no. 1, as consumers change their buying habits based on environmental issues. Buyers want to know how a product was made, where it comes from and its recyclability. Communicating a commitment to sustainability on packaging is key to attracting and keeping customers, Shepherd-Fidler says.
Sustainable packaging will be a key growth area in 2014 and beyond, according to Frost & Sullivan’s predictions for the global chemical, materials and food industry.
Image Credit: Recyclable packaging via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?