Sustainable Packing ‘Essential Part of Business’
In a column for the industry publication, Sam Shepherd-Fidler, Smithers Pira operations director of distribution and product testing, highlights five consumer trends shaking up the packaging industry.
Sustainability, he writes, is no. 1, as consumers change their buying habits based on environmental issues. Buyers want to know how a product was made, where it comes from and its recyclability. Communicating a commitment to sustainability on packaging is key to attracting and keeping customers, Shepherd-Fidler says.
Sustainable packaging will be a key growth area in 2014 and beyond, according to Frost & Sullivan’s predictions for the global chemical, materials and food industry.
Image Credit: Recyclable packaging via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations