Frozen Food Packages Recalled After Pesticides Found Inside
Maruha Nichiro Holdings is recalling all 90 products produced at its Aqli Foods Co. plant in Tokyo’s Gunma prefecture. The foods range from frozen pizzas to corn cream croquettes. Some samples sent back by customers contained malathion, an insecticide.
Forty-four of the products were sold at retail outlets and the company supplied the other 46 to restaurants. The amount of product being recalled is equivalent to the plant’s monthly output, the newspaper says.
There are no reports of serious illness.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility