Frozen Food Packages Recalled After Pesticides Found Inside
Maruha Nichiro Holdings is recalling all 90 products produced at its Aqli Foods Co. plant in Tokyo’s Gunma prefecture. The foods range from frozen pizzas to corn cream croquettes. Some samples sent back by customers contained malathion, an insecticide.
Forty-four of the products were sold at retail outlets and the company supplied the other 46 to restaurants. The amount of product being recalled is equivalent to the plant’s monthly output, the newspaper says.
There are no reports of serious illness.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid