Frozen Food Packages Recalled After Pesticides Found Inside
Maruha Nichiro Holdings is recalling all 90 products produced at its Aqli Foods Co. plant in Tokyo’s Gunma prefecture. The foods range from frozen pizzas to corn cream croquettes. Some samples sent back by customers contained malathion, an insecticide.
Forty-four of the products were sold at retail outlets and the company supplied the other 46 to restaurants. The amount of product being recalled is equivalent to the plant’s monthly output, the newspaper says.
There are no reports of serious illness.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion