NYC Cuts GHG Emissions 19%
New York City has reduced its greenhouse gas emissions 19 percent since 2005, Reuters reports.
In 2007, Bloomberg launched PlaNYC, which called on the city to reduce emissions 30 percent by 2030 through a number of initiatives, such as requiring hybrid taxis and making municipal buildings more energy efficient, Reuters says.
Photo Credit: New York City skyline via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power