NYC Cuts GHG Emissions 19%
New York City has reduced its greenhouse gas emissions 19 percent since 2005, Reuters reports.
In 2007, Bloomberg launched PlaNYC, which called on the city to reduce emissions 30 percent by 2030 through a number of initiatives, such as requiring hybrid taxis and making municipal buildings more energy efficient, Reuters says.
Photo Credit: New York City skyline via Shutterstock
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council