NYC Cuts GHG Emissions 19%
New York City has reduced its greenhouse gas emissions 19 percent since 2005, Reuters reports.
In 2007, Bloomberg launched PlaNYC, which called on the city to reduce emissions 30 percent by 2030 through a number of initiatives, such as requiring hybrid taxis and making municipal buildings more energy efficient, Reuters says.
Photo Credit: New York City skyline via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls