NYC Cuts GHG Emissions 19%
New York City has reduced its greenhouse gas emissions 19 percent since 2005, Reuters reports.
In 2007, Bloomberg launched PlaNYC, which called on the city to reduce emissions 30 percent by 2030 through a number of initiatives, such as requiring hybrid taxis and making municipal buildings more energy efficient, Reuters says.
Photo Credit: New York City skyline via Shutterstock
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20