NYC Cuts GHG Emissions 19%
New York City has reduced its greenhouse gas emissions 19 percent since 2005, Reuters reports.
In 2007, Bloomberg launched PlaNYC, which called on the city to reduce emissions 30 percent by 2030 through a number of initiatives, such as requiring hybrid taxis and making municipal buildings more energy efficient, Reuters says.
Photo Credit: New York City skyline via Shutterstock
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management