Graco Acquires QED, EcoQuip
Graco has acquired two companies: QED Environmental Systems (QED), which manufacturers fluid management products for the environmental monitoring and remediation markets, and EcoQuip, which designs and produces eco-friendly vapor abrasive blasting systems for coating removal and surface preparation.
Graco president and CEO Patrick J. McHale says both companies operate in niche markets where Graco currently has little or no exposure.
QED produces a variety of pump systems for groundwater sampling and remediation efforts, landfill liquid and gas management, and the removal of harmful chemicals from groundwater and drinking water supplies.
EcoQuip’s blasters eliminate most air-borne dust particles while using less water and less media to accomplish the tasks of traditional sand-blasters. Typical applications for EcoQuip’s products include industrial maintenance for shipyards, storage tanks and off-shore oil rigs; surface preparation prior to bonding or repainting in the housing and automotive industries; and roadway marking removal.
Combined sales for the two acquisitions for the most recent trailing 12-month period were about $30 million, Graco says. Other financial terms of the transactions were not disclosed.
In other acquisition news, last month North American design firm Stantec expanded its environmental services with two acquisitions: Virginia-based Williamsburg Environmental Group and British Columbia’s Cambria Gordon.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management