Graco Acquires QED, EcoQuip
Graco has acquired two companies: QED Environmental Systems (QED), which manufacturers fluid management products for the environmental monitoring and remediation markets, and EcoQuip, which designs and produces eco-friendly vapor abrasive blasting systems for coating removal and surface preparation.
Graco president and CEO Patrick J. McHale says both companies operate in niche markets where Graco currently has little or no exposure.
QED produces a variety of pump systems for groundwater sampling and remediation efforts, landfill liquid and gas management, and the removal of harmful chemicals from groundwater and drinking water supplies.
EcoQuip’s blasters eliminate most air-borne dust particles while using less water and less media to accomplish the tasks of traditional sand-blasters. Typical applications for EcoQuip’s products include industrial maintenance for shipyards, storage tanks and off-shore oil rigs; surface preparation prior to bonding or repainting in the housing and automotive industries; and roadway marking removal.
Combined sales for the two acquisitions for the most recent trailing 12-month period were about $30 million, Graco says. Other financial terms of the transactions were not disclosed.
In other acquisition news, last month North American design firm Stantec expanded its environmental services with two acquisitions: Virginia-based Williamsburg Environmental Group and British Columbia’s Cambria Gordon.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project