Graco Acquires QED, EcoQuip
Graco has acquired two companies: QED Environmental Systems (QED), which manufacturers fluid management products for the environmental monitoring and remediation markets, and EcoQuip, which designs and produces eco-friendly vapor abrasive blasting systems for coating removal and surface preparation.
Graco president and CEO Patrick J. McHale says both companies operate in niche markets where Graco currently has little or no exposure.
QED produces a variety of pump systems for groundwater sampling and remediation efforts, landfill liquid and gas management, and the removal of harmful chemicals from groundwater and drinking water supplies.
EcoQuip’s blasters eliminate most air-borne dust particles while using less water and less media to accomplish the tasks of traditional sand-blasters. Typical applications for EcoQuip’s products include industrial maintenance for shipyards, storage tanks and off-shore oil rigs; surface preparation prior to bonding or repainting in the housing and automotive industries; and roadway marking removal.
Combined sales for the two acquisitions for the most recent trailing 12-month period were about $30 million, Graco says. Other financial terms of the transactions were not disclosed.
In other acquisition news, last month North American design firm Stantec expanded its environmental services with two acquisitions: Virginia-based Williamsburg Environmental Group and British Columbia’s Cambria Gordon.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls