Switch Offers Flow Control from Outside a Pipe
Greyline’s DFS 5.1 is designed for pump protection, valve control and flow/no-flow alarms. It is ideal to control wastewater, slurries, caustics, acids and “difficult” liquids, the company says.
The water-tight NEMA4X switch enclosure includes a 5 ampere DPDT control relay with adjustable on and off set point controls, adjustable time delay, flow rate bargraph and relay status LEDs. A sensor mounting kit is included with each switch and sensor cable can be extended up to 150 m.
The company says the flow switch is easy to calibrate. The DFS 5.1 control relay can be set to turn on and off at any flow rate between 0.25 and 10 feet/second (0.075 to 3 m/sec). Users can insert two links for separate on/off set points or just one link for a Hi or Lo flow alarm. The relay actuation time delay can be set from zero to 80 seconds.
A bright LED indicator shows the relay state and a LED bargraph shows the flow rate. Electronics are housed in a watertight polycarbonate wall-mount enclosure.
The clamp-on ultrasonic sensor mounts on the outside of metal or platic pipes without cutting the pipe or shutting down flow. It works on any pipe diameter ½ foot (12.5 mm) or larger and installs in minutes. There are no moving parts and no maintenance is required. The shielded sensor cable length is 20 feet (6 m) and can be extended up to 500 feet (152 m) with an optional junction box.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Renewable Energy Certificates: Bridge to a Renewable Future
- Have Federal Buildings Found All Possible Energy Efficiency?
- Plug Power Acquires Full Control of HyPulsion for $11.47M
- Trane Expands Lineup of Outdoor Air Handler Units
- Microturbine Converts Flare Gas to Useable Energy
- Light Commercial Packaged Units Earn SEER Rating of 14
- Convention Center Snags $60,000 from PECO for Energy Efficiency
- GE Reignites Energy Storage Business