22 Firms Lead $27.4bn Global Environmental Consulting Industry
CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech and URS lead the global environmental consultancy (EC) market, which reached $27.4 billion in 2012, up 3.6 percent over the previous year, according to the latest report by Environment Analyst.
The sector still is growing ahead of global economic growth, which stood at 3.2 percent in 2012.
Twenty-two firms are spearheading the global EC industry, together accounting for 44 percent of the total market, the report says. These firms’ combined EC revenues increased by 6.1 percent last year to reach $11.9 billion. Organic growth accounted for 5% of this increase.
Environment Analyst forecasts the global EC market will reach $31.7 billion in the next five years.
The top 10 firms ranked in terms of gross global EC revenues are: CH2M Hill, Tetra Tech, URS, Golder Associates, AECOM, Environmental Resources Management (ERM), Arcadis, AMEC Environment & Infrastructure, MWH Global and Cardno. The next 12 are: Grontmij NV, RPS Group, SKM Consulting, ENVIRON, WorleyParsons, WSP Environment and Energy/GENIVAR, Parsons Brinckerhoff, ICF International, Mott MacDonald, ATKINS, SLR and Coffey International.
The US environmental consulting and engineering industry grew 4 percent in 2012, generating total revenues of $28.8 billion, according to Environmental Business Journal’s annual review of this environmental business segment published earlier this month. Leading the US environmental C&E market by revenues in 2012 were CH2M Hill, followed by AECOM Technology and URS.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight