Partnership Aims to Streamline Sea Freight Supply Chain Reporting
EcoVadis and BSR’s Clean Cargo Working Group (CCWG) have teamed up to standardize environmental reporting requests for the sea freight supply chain.
Under the partnership, sustainable supply chain firm EcoVadis will align its environmental assessment questionnaires for sea carriers with the Clean Cargo Environmental Performance Survey framework. Clean Cargo members can also use the EcoVadis online collaboration platform to access reliable sustainability scorecards on their partners’ performance.
The CCWG is a global, business-to-business initiative dedicated to improving the environmental performance of marine container transport.
This partnership will allow EcoVadis customers to have access to more reliable data and an expanded base of sea freight carriers. It will also allow sea carriers in all countries to avoid duplication of effort by leveraging one common environmental reporting framework to access more than 100 EcoVadis customers and 20 CCWG shippers, the organizations says.
Heineken, a member of Clean Cargo and EcoVadis, says the partnership with facilitate better integration of sustainability metrics in the company’s sea freight procurement decisions, and help it work with its suppliers to reduce the carbon footprint of its distribution.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.