Sprint ‘Most Eco-Focused’ Wireless Carrier
Kate Pearce, strategist and senior consultant at Compass Intelligence, says “Sprint continues to drive the wireless industry to be more green” by its sustainability efforts including being one of the first US carriers to launch an in-store mobile device buyback program and reducing waste via streamlined packaging.
In September 2013 Sprint announced it has broken the world record for the number of cellular phones recycled in one week — 103,582 cell phones, more than double the previous record — as certified by Guinness World Records.
Sprint has carried out more green initiatives than any competing mobile operator in the US, according to Frost & Sullivan, which last year awarded the company its North American Award for Green Excellence.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs