Sprint ‘Most Eco-Focused’ Wireless Carrier
Kate Pearce, strategist and senior consultant at Compass Intelligence, says “Sprint continues to drive the wireless industry to be more green” by its sustainability efforts including being one of the first US carriers to launch an in-store mobile device buyback program and reducing waste via streamlined packaging.
In September 2013 Sprint announced it has broken the world record for the number of cellular phones recycled in one week — 103,582 cell phones, more than double the previous record — as certified by Guinness World Records.
Sprint has carried out more green initiatives than any competing mobile operator in the US, according to Frost & Sullivan, which last year awarded the company its North American Award for Green Excellence.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid