Sprint ‘Most Eco-Focused’ Wireless Carrier
Kate Pearce, strategist and senior consultant at Compass Intelligence, says “Sprint continues to drive the wireless industry to be more green” by its sustainability efforts including being one of the first US carriers to launch an in-store mobile device buyback program and reducing waste via streamlined packaging.
In September 2013 Sprint announced it has broken the world record for the number of cellular phones recycled in one week — 103,582 cell phones, more than double the previous record — as certified by Guinness World Records.
Sprint has carried out more green initiatives than any competing mobile operator in the US, according to Frost & Sullivan, which last year awarded the company its North American Award for Green Excellence.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store