Sprint ‘Most Eco-Focused’ Wireless Carrier
Kate Pearce, strategist and senior consultant at Compass Intelligence, says “Sprint continues to drive the wireless industry to be more green” by its sustainability efforts including being one of the first US carriers to launch an in-store mobile device buyback program and reducing waste via streamlined packaging.
In September 2013 Sprint announced it has broken the world record for the number of cellular phones recycled in one week — 103,582 cell phones, more than double the previous record — as certified by Guinness World Records.
Sprint has carried out more green initiatives than any competing mobile operator in the US, according to Frost & Sullivan, which last year awarded the company its North American Award for Green Excellence.
Energy Manager News
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms