Dr Pepper Snapple Expands Recycling Program
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has renewed its partnership with Keep America Beautiful with a second $300,000 donation to provide recycling opportunities in parks.
Now in its second year, the DPS/KAB Park Recycling Grant Program funds the placement of recycling bins within city, regional and state public parks across the nation. Now through Feb. 11, the program is accepting applications online for recycling bin grants. In addition to Keep America Beautiful affiliates, those eligible to apply for the green funding are state and local government agencies that deal with recycling activities in local, regional and state parks.
Dr Pepper Snapple Group previously donated $300,000 in the grant program’s inaugural year, which provided more than 700 durable, permanent recycling bins for placement in a variety of park settings, including athletic fields, neighborhood parks, walking trails and beach locations. In total, 33 grants were awarded to local and state governments in 23 states.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B