Standards & Compliance Briefing: R2, Mumbai Airport LEED, MSC
XTechnology Global of Danvers, Mass., has become the first company to achieve certification to the newly upgraded R2:2013 Standard. The 2013 version incorporates ISO 14001, ISO9001 and OHSAS 18001, according to standards organization R2 Solutions.
Terminal 2 at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, developed by GVK’s Mumbai International Pvt Ltd., has been certified as LEED India Gold. The 4.7 million sq ft terminal is part of a $2 billion modernization program.
The University of Michigan has achieved Marine Stewardship Council Chain of Custody certification and will offer MSC-certified seafood in five residential dining halls on campus. Food service suppliers Sysco Detroit and Imperial Seafoods also attained certification to ensure MSC Chain of Custody through the entire supply chain.
BBVA Compass Stadium, home to MLS team the Houston Dynamo, has earned LEED Silver certification. The stadium diverted 86.9 percent of construction waste from landfills and 98.4 percent of wood-based building materials were FSC-certified, Culture Map Houston reports.
The Greensboro, N.C. transit authority’s maintenance and operations facility has earned LEED Gold certification. The $18 million building features solar hot water and a rooftop flower bed, the (Greensboro) News & Record reports.
Providence Community Health Centers‘ Prairie Avenue Health Center in Providence, R.I., has been awarded LEED Silver certification. The center consists of a two-story addition to two existing historic buildings that went unused for years. The facility captures and treats 100 percent of stormwater on site, Nerej reports.
Qatar-based technology and engineering firm Consolidated Gulf Company has been recertified to ISO 14001, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001, Gulf Times reports. Velosi Quality Management International conducted the assessment.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations