SASB and IIRC Team Up on Corporate Disclosure, Reporting
A memorandum of understanding, signed by SASB founder and executive director Dr. Jean Rogers and IIRC CEO Paul Druckman, outlines the basis for ongoing cooperation, collaboration and alignment between the two organizations. Among other measures, SASB and the IIRC agree to strive for complementarity and compatibility in the ongoing development of their respective frameworks, guidelines and standards, and share the work of the other organization.
The MoU formalizes SASB and IIRC’s partnership and will strengthen guidance to companies about improved disclosure on material sustainability factors, Rogers says.
Through 2015 SASB is developing sustainability accounting standards for more than 80 industries in 10 sectors. Last month the IIRC released the International Integrated Reporting Framework to provide principles-based guidance for companies wishing to prepare an integrated report.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland