SASB and IIRC Team Up on Corporate Disclosure, Reporting
A memorandum of understanding, signed by SASB founder and executive director Dr. Jean Rogers and IIRC CEO Paul Druckman, outlines the basis for ongoing cooperation, collaboration and alignment between the two organizations. Among other measures, SASB and the IIRC agree to strive for complementarity and compatibility in the ongoing development of their respective frameworks, guidelines and standards, and share the work of the other organization.
The MoU formalizes SASB and IIRC’s partnership and will strengthen guidance to companies about improved disclosure on material sustainability factors, Rogers says.
Through 2015 SASB is developing sustainability accounting standards for more than 80 industries in 10 sectors. Last month the IIRC released the International Integrated Reporting Framework to provide principles-based guidance for companies wishing to prepare an integrated report.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency