Standards & Compliance Briefing: Power over Ethernet, FSC, LEED
IEEE has initiated development of the IEEE P802.3bt “Draft Standard for Ethernet Amendment: Physical Layer and Management Parameters for DTE Power via MDI over 4-Pair” to address the market need for more robust and efficient Power over Ethernet capabilities. The organization aims for the 802.3 amendment to increase the power and efficiency of PoE for applications as varied as building management, security cameras, videophones, kiosks, point-of-scale terminals, wireless nodes, laptop computers and RFID readers.
Solo Cup Europe, part of Dart Container, is now certified to PEFC standards for heavy-duty paper hot cups and Forest Stewardship Council standards for heavy-duty paper food containers. This means the paper used in the UK to manufacture these products is fully accredited and compliant with EU timber regulations, Packaging Europe says.
Tishman International’s 194,000-square-foot, A2 office building, part of its mixed-use Sofia Airport Center development in Sofia, Bulgaria, has achieved LEED Gold Certification. The building features green roofs and a multi-zone variable air volume HVAC system.
Compass Datacenters has been awarded LEED Gold certification for a 21,000 sq ft data center facility in Franklin, Tenn. The facility is fully leased by an enterprise customer.
Nothwestern Medicine‘s three-story, 90,000-square-foot addition to its Grayslake outpatient facility was awarded LEED Silver status. The facility uses high efficiency windows and glazing systems, and the expansion project included the relocation of a retention pond and associated wetlands area.
New Mexico State University‘s 59,000 sq ft Center for the Arts has earned LEED Gold status. The building reduces GHG emissions by 50 percent compared to similar buildings through improved insulation, energy efficient lighting, a solar photovoltaic system and an improved air delivery system for its theater, the Las Cruces Sun-News reports.
Energy Manager News
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates