No More GMOs in Grape Nuts, Post Foods Says
Post Foods, which will roll out a non-GMO verified Grape Nuts in January 2014, has become the second food company this month to cave to pressure from an environmental group and the public and stop using genetically modified ingredients in a cereal.
GMO Inside, an anti-GMO campaign organized by members of Green America, says Post Foods confirmed its non-GMO Grape Nuts and told the organization that it’s exploring adding more non-GMO cereals to its product line.
Post’s move closely follows that of General Mills, which released non-GMO original Cheerios in early January, though Cheerios is not third-party verified.
GMO Inside encouraged consumers to post messages on Cheerios’ Facebook page calling for the cereal to be GMO free. The campaign received more than 40,000 posts on Cheerios Facebook page, according to the organizers.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy