No More GMOs in Grape Nuts, Post Foods Says
Post Foods, which will roll out a non-GMO verified Grape Nuts in January 2014, has become the second food company this month to cave to pressure from an environmental group and the public and stop using genetically modified ingredients in a cereal.
GMO Inside, an anti-GMO campaign organized by members of Green America, says Post Foods confirmed its non-GMO Grape Nuts and told the organization that it’s exploring adding more non-GMO cereals to its product line.
Post’s move closely follows that of General Mills, which released non-GMO original Cheerios in early January, though Cheerios is not third-party verified.
GMO Inside encouraged consumers to post messages on Cheerios’ Facebook page calling for the cereal to be GMO free. The campaign received more than 40,000 posts on Cheerios Facebook page, according to the organizers.
Energy Manager News
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona