DuPont to Use EOS Climate’s Refrigerant Asset System
EOS Climate says it will provide the DuPont refrigerant distributor network access to its Refrigerant Asset System, which was launched in November.
Through this collaboration, EOS offers its customers access to a refrigerant distribution network that is integrated into its tracking system. In addition, EOS Climate has named the DuPont distributor network as its preferred refrigerant distributors.
The Refrigerant Asset System distributes software and systems on top of the existing refrigerant supply chain to make it more efficient, enabling refrigerant users to track every pound of refrigerant from purchase through to its recovery and reclamation and its eventual end-of-life, the company says.
EOS Climate piloted the program with DuPont and Barsco, a DuPont refrigerants distributor in Texas, which serves commercial refrigeration and HVAC mechanical contractors.
Barsco president David Jones says the program is easy to use and simplifies the handling of recovered refrigerants.
Whole Foods also piloted the system in November.
If the system were to be deployed at scale, it could prevent millions of metric tons of carbon dioxide equivalent from reaching the atmosphere, EOS Climate says. CFCs, HCFCs, hydroflourocarbons and other refrigerants are greenhouse gases up to 11,000 times more potent than carbon dioxide. By 2050, up to one-quarter of all greenhouse gas emissions could be from refrigerants, according to EOS Climate.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls