Climate Corporation, Precision Planting Offer Smart Technology for Farmers
The Climate Corporation will next month offer to farmers a service that integrates its decision support tools, Climate Basic and Climate Pro (pictured), with Precision Planting’s hardware and software products to better optimize production.
In addition to a unified account and data service, promotional offers of Climate and Precision Planting products and services will help growers drive more yield from their field through better monitoring, insights and control of production decisions, the companies say.
The promotional offers will be available starting Feb. 3, through Precision Planting dealers and Climate Pro partners.
The service is “just the first step” in the company’s effort to increase agricultural productivity and profits through smart technology, says David Friedberg, Climate Corporation CEO. It will allow farmers to:
- Make minute-by-minute and daily decisions based on real-time, accurate weather, soil, crop and equipment performance that’s at their fingertips.
- Respond quickly and correctly to changing weather and field conditions.
- Anticipate yield-reducing agronomic issues.
- Seamlessly integrate data and access it across multiple devices, equipment and operation.
- Automatically integrate equipment, soil, weather, crop, agronomic practices, field boundaries, as-planted dates, as-harvested dates as well as report summaries for FSA or crop insurance reporting.
In October Monsanto bought the Climate Corporation for about $930 million in an effort to help farmers use big data to produce more crops while using fewer natural resources.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment