Climate Corporation, Precision Planting Offer Smart Technology for Farmers
The Climate Corporation will next month offer to farmers a service that integrates its decision support tools, Climate Basic and Climate Pro (pictured), with Precision Planting’s hardware and software products to better optimize production.
In addition to a unified account and data service, promotional offers of Climate and Precision Planting products and services will help growers drive more yield from their field through better monitoring, insights and control of production decisions, the companies say.
The promotional offers will be available starting Feb. 3, through Precision Planting dealers and Climate Pro partners.
The service is “just the first step” in the company’s effort to increase agricultural productivity and profits through smart technology, says David Friedberg, Climate Corporation CEO. It will allow farmers to:
- Make minute-by-minute and daily decisions based on real-time, accurate weather, soil, crop and equipment performance that’s at their fingertips.
- Respond quickly and correctly to changing weather and field conditions.
- Anticipate yield-reducing agronomic issues.
- Seamlessly integrate data and access it across multiple devices, equipment and operation.
- Automatically integrate equipment, soil, weather, crop, agronomic practices, field boundaries, as-planted dates, as-harvested dates as well as report summaries for FSA or crop insurance reporting.
In October Monsanto bought the Climate Corporation for about $930 million in an effort to help farmers use big data to produce more crops while using fewer natural resources.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform