Environcom Acquires Overton Recycling
UK waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) recycler Environcom has acquired WEEE recycler Overton Recycling.
Environcom says the acquisition will enhance its position in the WEEE recycling industry, adding a third site for the WEEE recycler and creating increased processing capacity at one of the busiest times in the WEEE recycling calendar.
Environcom currently operates a number of other recycling facilities including its Grantham WEEE facility with 100,000 metric tons of WEEE recycling capacity. A second site in Edmonton, North London recycles up to 75,000 WEEE items a year.
Earlier this month, nine of Europe’s largest WEEE producer compliance schemes formed a “one-stop shop” to help manufacturers meet their various national WEEE recycling requirements.
The joint venture, called WEEE Europe, aims to simplify recycling processes for manufacturers, importers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors that face different WEEE rules in each European Union member state as well as EU-wide regulations.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016