Environcom Acquires Overton Recycling
UK waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) recycler Environcom has acquired WEEE recycler Overton Recycling.
Environcom says the acquisition will enhance its position in the WEEE recycling industry, adding a third site for the WEEE recycler and creating increased processing capacity at one of the busiest times in the WEEE recycling calendar.
Environcom currently operates a number of other recycling facilities including its Grantham WEEE facility with 100,000 metric tons of WEEE recycling capacity. A second site in Edmonton, North London recycles up to 75,000 WEEE items a year.
Earlier this month, nine of Europe’s largest WEEE producer compliance schemes formed a “one-stop shop” to help manufacturers meet their various national WEEE recycling requirements.
The joint venture, called WEEE Europe, aims to simplify recycling processes for manufacturers, importers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors that face different WEEE rules in each European Union member state as well as EU-wide regulations.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight