Environcom Acquires Overton Recycling
UK waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) recycler Environcom has acquired WEEE recycler Overton Recycling.
Environcom says the acquisition will enhance its position in the WEEE recycling industry, adding a third site for the WEEE recycler and creating increased processing capacity at one of the busiest times in the WEEE recycling calendar.
Environcom currently operates a number of other recycling facilities including its Grantham WEEE facility with 100,000 metric tons of WEEE recycling capacity. A second site in Edmonton, North London recycles up to 75,000 WEEE items a year.
Earlier this month, nine of Europe’s largest WEEE producer compliance schemes formed a “one-stop shop” to help manufacturers meet their various national WEEE recycling requirements.
The joint venture, called WEEE Europe, aims to simplify recycling processes for manufacturers, importers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors that face different WEEE rules in each European Union member state as well as EU-wide regulations.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners