Environcom Acquires Overton Recycling
UK waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) recycler Environcom has acquired WEEE recycler Overton Recycling.
Environcom says the acquisition will enhance its position in the WEEE recycling industry, adding a third site for the WEEE recycler and creating increased processing capacity at one of the busiest times in the WEEE recycling calendar.
Environcom currently operates a number of other recycling facilities including its Grantham WEEE facility with 100,000 metric tons of WEEE recycling capacity. A second site in Edmonton, North London recycles up to 75,000 WEEE items a year.
Earlier this month, nine of Europe’s largest WEEE producer compliance schemes formed a “one-stop shop” to help manufacturers meet their various national WEEE recycling requirements.
The joint venture, called WEEE Europe, aims to simplify recycling processes for manufacturers, importers, wholesalers, retailers and distributors that face different WEEE rules in each European Union member state as well as EU-wide regulations.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council