Compass Group Joins Sustainable Produce Initiative
Foodservice management company Compass Group North America is the newest hospitality partner in sustainable and local produce initiative Greener Fields Together.
Created by the Pro*Act produce supply-chain management company, Greener Fields Together’s other partners include national farms such as Sunkist, New Star, Taylor Farms and Rainier Fruit Company, local farms and purveyors, and US retail locations, airports, restaurants and foodservice operations. Last year, Ted’s Montana Grill became the first national restaurant chain to partner with Greener Fields Together.
The farm-to-fork sustainability program aims to create improvements at each point in the produce supply chain. As a hospitality partner, Compass Group will have greater access to sustainably grown produce at both the national and local levels through produce procurement partner Foodbuy.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry