Compass Group Joins Sustainable Produce Initiative
Foodservice management company Compass Group North America is the newest hospitality partner in sustainable and local produce initiative Greener Fields Together.
Created by the Pro*Act produce supply-chain management company, Greener Fields Together’s other partners include national farms such as Sunkist, New Star, Taylor Farms and Rainier Fruit Company, local farms and purveyors, and US retail locations, airports, restaurants and foodservice operations. Last year, Ted’s Montana Grill became the first national restaurant chain to partner with Greener Fields Together.
The farm-to-fork sustainability program aims to create improvements at each point in the produce supply chain. As a hospitality partner, Compass Group will have greater access to sustainably grown produce at both the national and local levels through produce procurement partner Foodbuy.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs