Compass Group Joins Sustainable Produce Initiative
Foodservice management company Compass Group North America is the newest hospitality partner in sustainable and local produce initiative Greener Fields Together.
Created by the Pro*Act produce supply-chain management company, Greener Fields Together’s other partners include national farms such as Sunkist, New Star, Taylor Farms and Rainier Fruit Company, local farms and purveyors, and US retail locations, airports, restaurants and foodservice operations. Last year, Ted’s Montana Grill became the first national restaurant chain to partner with Greener Fields Together.
The farm-to-fork sustainability program aims to create improvements at each point in the produce supply chain. As a hospitality partner, Compass Group will have greater access to sustainably grown produce at both the national and local levels through produce procurement partner Foodbuy.
Energy Manager News
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments