NTP Logistics Signs Responsible Care Commitment
Chemical transport company NTP Logistics has signed the Chemical and Allied Industries’ Association’s Responsible Care commitment, a chemical industry environmental, health, safety and security performance initiative.
As a signatory of the voluntary initiative, NTP Logistic commits to reporting EH&S and security performance data annually. Responsible Care signatories’ data are posted on a public website.
NTP Logistics serves all sectors of industry from the medical, manufacturing, mining and chemical industry through to the nuclear industry and all crossover industries. It’s a joint venture between the state-owned enterprise NTP Radioisotopes SOC (a Necsa subsidiary) and a private company, Transglobal Cargo.
In May, on the 25th anniversary of Responsible Care, BASF, Dow, DuPont, Honeywell and the rest of the American Chemistry Council’s member companies pledged to implement 11 industry best practices to evaluate and improve their product safety performance.
The pledge is part of the ACC’s Responsible Care Product Safety Code that it says goes beyond regulatory requirements to manage the safety of chemicals used products consumers use every day. Adherence to these practices is mandatory and will be regularly verified by independent auditors, the ACC says.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works