CDEnviro Recycling Plant at EWD a ‘UK First’
To this end, Eastern Waste Disposal began to investigate recycling systems that would allow a wide range of materials to be processed and diverted from landfill. The company says the CDEnviro plant was unique in that it combined road sweepings recycling technology as well as the new potential to recycle previously landfilled trommel fines, treating them as a resource and not waste.
As landfill taxes continuing to increase, this installation also reduces current and future waste disposal costs, the company says.
In other efforts to treat waste as a resource and source of profit, Concord Blue and LanzaTech last month entered into an agreement to integrate their technologies to produce fuels and chemicals from waste materials. Concord Blue has developed a closed-loop, non-incineration process that recycles nearly any form of waste, including landfill waste and sewage sludge, into energy.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls