CDEnviro Recycling Plant at EWD a ‘UK First’
To this end, Eastern Waste Disposal began to investigate recycling systems that would allow a wide range of materials to be processed and diverted from landfill. The company says the CDEnviro plant was unique in that it combined road sweepings recycling technology as well as the new potential to recycle previously landfilled trommel fines, treating them as a resource and not waste.
As landfill taxes continuing to increase, this installation also reduces current and future waste disposal costs, the company says.
In other efforts to treat waste as a resource and source of profit, Concord Blue and LanzaTech last month entered into an agreement to integrate their technologies to produce fuels and chemicals from waste materials. Concord Blue has developed a closed-loop, non-incineration process that recycles nearly any form of waste, including landfill waste and sewage sludge, into energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters