Acquisitions: Anthesis, Kurion, Footprint
Global sustainability consultancy Anthesis has acquired German firm UMR, extending its consulting platform. UMR joins other recent acquisitions in the Anthesis Consulting Group from the US, Europe and Asia, including Best Foot Forward, a sustainability specialist in the UK.
Nuclear and hazardous waste management company Kurion has reached an agreement to acquire Vista Engineering Technologies, an engineering, design and technology firm that has supported the Department of Defense and the Department of Energy on a number of efforts, including projects at the Hanford nuclear waste site. Through this transaction, Kurion acquires Vista Engineering’s entire technology, patent and trade secret portfolio. It will also retain Vista Engineering’s entire staff, tripling Kurion in size by number of employees.
Footprint, a direct manufacturer of sustainable materials and packaging, has acquired ERI–Mexicali, a molded fiber manufacturing company. The purchase of will triple Footprint’s current manufacturing capacity by adding 19 molded fiber lines, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array