LG Selects PE International for Sustainability Reporting
LG Electronics will use PE International’s SoFi software to measure and report on its US-based sustainability metrics, including emissions, energy, water and waste for its offices and distribution centers across the US.
Sustainability reports will allow LG to more effectively measure success and identify opportunities for further improvement, the company says.
In October, PE International’s SoFi software became the first to receive certification of G4 content from the Global Reporting Initiative as part of the GRI Certified Software and Tools Program. The certification verifies the accuracy of the G4 content within SoFi.
LG has set a goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from its US operations 50 percent by 2020, compared with a 2008 baseline.
Christine Ackerson, sustainability manager, LG Electronics USA, says the company expects the SoFi software to help it save time and create sustainability programs that will also reduce costs.
According to an EPA environmental assessment published last summer, LG cut its greenhouse gas emissions by 61,348 metric tons of CO2e and saved about $1 million in operating expenses since December 2012. The company is also listed on the 2014 Global 100 index and list of the world’s most sustainable corporations by Corporate Knights.
Energy Manager News
- Overcoming Skepticism about Energy Upgrades
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ