Newalta, Halliburton Offer Engineered Fluids and Waste Management
Newalta has formed a strategic alliance with Baroid, a Halliburton Product Service Line, to offer integrated fluids and waste management in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
The partners say the alliance will provide a Total Fluids Management system, combining technology and resources from each company to better manage fluids and waste on drilling rigs. Aligning Baroid’s customized drilling fluids with Newalta’s cuttings treatment and environmental services will enable drilling rigs to recover more oil and water from the drilling process while reducing the landfilling of waste, the companies say.
In October, Newalta and DuPont Canada signed a development agreement to test a water processing technology in the Alberta oil and gas industry. The technology removes solids from water and facilitates a higher level of water re-use for customers at their sites, the companies say.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor