Newalta, Halliburton Offer Engineered Fluids and Waste Management
Newalta has formed a strategic alliance with Baroid, a Halliburton Product Service Line, to offer integrated fluids and waste management in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
The partners say the alliance will provide a Total Fluids Management system, combining technology and resources from each company to better manage fluids and waste on drilling rigs. Aligning Baroid’s customized drilling fluids with Newalta’s cuttings treatment and environmental services will enable drilling rigs to recover more oil and water from the drilling process while reducing the landfilling of waste, the companies say.
In October, Newalta and DuPont Canada signed a development agreement to test a water processing technology in the Alberta oil and gas industry. The technology removes solids from water and facilitates a higher level of water re-use for customers at their sites, the companies say.
Energy Manager News
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills
- Study: State RPS Policies Have Yielded Sizable Consumer Savings
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break