Newalta, Halliburton Offer Engineered Fluids and Waste Management
Newalta has formed a strategic alliance with Baroid, a Halliburton Product Service Line, to offer integrated fluids and waste management in the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin.
The partners say the alliance will provide a Total Fluids Management system, combining technology and resources from each company to better manage fluids and waste on drilling rigs. Aligning Baroid’s customized drilling fluids with Newalta’s cuttings treatment and environmental services will enable drilling rigs to recover more oil and water from the drilling process while reducing the landfilling of waste, the companies say.
In October, Newalta and DuPont Canada signed a development agreement to test a water processing technology in the Alberta oil and gas industry. The technology removes solids from water and facilitates a higher level of water re-use for customers at their sites, the companies say.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array