Weather Intelligence Product Has Map Syncing, Analytics
Exelis has released a new version of Helios, a weather intelligence product, which includes an updated user interface, camera network and analytics that provide accurate real-time weather observation information for commercial weather companies and industries like transportation and insurance that rely on weather data.
Helios 1.3 has been upgraded to track environmental conditions in real time using existing surveillance and traffic cameras synchronized with the Helios map, Exelis says. Bookmarks can also be used to save options such as map zooms and page settings.
The product transforms an observation-only vision system, like cameras, into an intelligent environmental sensor system to answer the demand for “hyperlocal” or street-scale weather data not currently available through conventional weather observation networks, the company says.
Modifications to Helios analytics provide more realistic large-visibility changes and improved accuracy for rain detection and surface wetness. The ability to query large data sets has also been added to the camera application program interface to make finding information easier.
Exelis has also integrated cameras in Oklahoma and Washington, DC to the Helios network, bringing broader coverage of real-time weather data across the US.
The platform integrates networks of surveillance cameras already in use to watch traffic, facility security and railroad assets for weather monitoring.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy