Citgo Fined for Toxic Emissions
A jury convicted Citgo of illegally operating two tanks at its Corpus Christi refinery in 2007 following a three-week trial.
The refinery’s tanks emitted benzene and other chemicals, polluting the air and causing health and respiratory problems for nearby residents, according to the Department of Justice. The Justice Department also accused the company of violating the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
In a statement, Citgo said that it corrected the problem at the tanks a decade ago.
Energy Manager News
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant
- Schneider Electric Working with 3 NJ School Districts
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 14, 2016