Citgo Fined for Toxic Emissions
A jury convicted Citgo of illegally operating two tanks at its Corpus Christi refinery in 2007 following a three-week trial.
The refinery’s tanks emitted benzene and other chemicals, polluting the air and causing health and respiratory problems for nearby residents, according to the Department of Justice. The Justice Department also accused the company of violating the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.
In a statement, Citgo said that it corrected the problem at the tanks a decade ago.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses