Partnership to Develop Bio-Chemicals
Versalis and Elevance Renewable Sciences have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish a partnership to jointly develop and scale a new metathesis technology to produce bio-chemicals from vegetable oils.
Versalis is the chemical subsidiary of Eni and Elevance produces specialty chemicals from natural oils.
The partners will assess the design and construction of the first world-scale ethylene metathesis-based production that will utilize renewable oils at the Versalis Porto Marghera site.
The future bio-chemicals’ targeted market will be personal care, detergents and cleaners, bio-lubricants and oilfield chemicals.
Versalis will contribute its skills in catalysis process development and engineering design scale-up and Elevance will bring proprietary know-how regarding metathesis and associated engineering with the use of vegetable oils in producing specialty chemicals for premium applications, leveraging similar projects in the US and Asia.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE