Partnership to Develop Bio-Chemicals
Versalis and Elevance Renewable Sciences have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish a partnership to jointly develop and scale a new metathesis technology to produce bio-chemicals from vegetable oils.
Versalis is the chemical subsidiary of Eni and Elevance produces specialty chemicals from natural oils.
The partners will assess the design and construction of the first world-scale ethylene metathesis-based production that will utilize renewable oils at the Versalis Porto Marghera site.
The future bio-chemicals’ targeted market will be personal care, detergents and cleaners, bio-lubricants and oilfield chemicals.
Versalis will contribute its skills in catalysis process development and engineering design scale-up and Elevance will bring proprietary know-how regarding metathesis and associated engineering with the use of vegetable oils in producing specialty chemicals for premium applications, leveraging similar projects in the US and Asia.
Energy Manager News
- Advances and Challenges for the Bioenergy Sector
- From Coal Plant to Battery Storage Facility
- Hubbell Introduces ASL LED
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison