Partnership to Develop Bio-Chemicals
Versalis and Elevance Renewable Sciences have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish a partnership to jointly develop and scale a new metathesis technology to produce bio-chemicals from vegetable oils.
Versalis is the chemical subsidiary of Eni and Elevance produces specialty chemicals from natural oils.
The partners will assess the design and construction of the first world-scale ethylene metathesis-based production that will utilize renewable oils at the Versalis Porto Marghera site.
The future bio-chemicals’ targeted market will be personal care, detergents and cleaners, bio-lubricants and oilfield chemicals.
Versalis will contribute its skills in catalysis process development and engineering design scale-up and Elevance will bring proprietary know-how regarding metathesis and associated engineering with the use of vegetable oils in producing specialty chemicals for premium applications, leveraging similar projects in the US and Asia.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look