AT&T Recognizes Sustainable Suppliers
AT&T says recipients exemplified extraordinary efforts in promoting sustainability achievements over the course of 2013 in the areas of alternative energy, energy efficiency, process improvement, the environment and packaging.
Bloom Energy, a fuel cells technology company, was recognized in the alternative energy category. Hitachi Consulting was recognized for energy efficiency. Information services for logistics, distribution, and transportation specialist Cass Information was recognized for process improvement. BSR was recognized in the environment category for its contribution to AT&T’s Eco-Rating system; and Precision Container & GENCO were recognized for their coordinated improvements to the DSL packaging.
The awards highlight efforts efforts that are described in the AT&T 2012 Sustainability Report, which includes reduced emissions from its vehicle fleet.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M