Motorgraders Bring Emissions-Saving Technology
The Cat M Series 3 motorgraders bring emissions reduction technology, greater fuel efficiency, more operator comfort and safety features, according to the company. M Series 3 motorgraders, 12M3, 140M3, 160M3 and their all-wheel-drive (AWD) counterparts, meet US EPA Tier IV Final/EU Stage IV emission standards.
The emissions reduction technology requires no action by the operator. The system uses Caterpillar’s after-treatment solution with the addition of selective catalytic reduction (SCR). SCR utilizes diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), which can be filled from ground level when the machine is fueled.
A new standard economy (ECO) mode can be turned on to help save fuel by reducing engine speed so the machine works in a more efficient range. The average fuel savings is up to 10 percent, depending on the application, Caterpillar says.
M Series 3 motorgraders are equipped with Product Link, which helps fleet owners track location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink interface.
Energy Manager News
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage