Motorgraders Bring Emissions-Saving Technology
The Cat M Series 3 motorgraders bring emissions reduction technology, greater fuel efficiency, more operator comfort and safety features, according to the company. M Series 3 motorgraders, 12M3, 140M3, 160M3 and their all-wheel-drive (AWD) counterparts, meet US EPA Tier IV Final/EU Stage IV emission standards.
The emissions reduction technology requires no action by the operator. The system uses Caterpillar’s after-treatment solution with the addition of selective catalytic reduction (SCR). SCR utilizes diesel exhaust fluid (DEF), which can be filled from ground level when the machine is fueled.
A new standard economy (ECO) mode can be turned on to help save fuel by reducing engine speed so the machine works in a more efficient range. The average fuel savings is up to 10 percent, depending on the application, Caterpillar says.
M Series 3 motorgraders are equipped with Product Link, which helps fleet owners track location, hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, and diagnostic codes through the online VisionLink interface.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending November 13
- NEM Proposal: CT Retailers Should Charge Monthly Market-Based Rates
- MPUC to Issue Advisory Ruling on Two-Segment Fixed Rate Contracts
- MidAmerican Proposes to Recoup Costs by Billing Iowa Customers
- SCOTUS Asked to Nix All Extraterritorial State Energy Laws (Not Just Pricing)
- Entrust Ranks Number 47 on Inc. 5000 List
- Southeastern Mass. Ratepayers to Save $15M This Winter with Bulk Buying Program
- Market Monitor : PJM Wholesale Markets ‘Competitive’ for 1Q-3Q 2015