Blue Earth Patents Pipe Protection
Under this patent, Blue Earth Labs receives protection for the invention of its mixed oxidant designed to attack the organic and inorganic scale that adheres to pipe walls and other wetted surfaces in utility and commercial water systems. The company says Clearitas is the result of an advanced electro catalytic chlor-alkali process, which transforms a chlorine molecule into a highly oxidative state. It breaks down the polysaccharide layer that shields biofilms from traditional disinfectants like chlorine, thus eliminating anchor sites for bacteria and scale formation. With continued use, Clearitas prevents future biological growth and can eliminate microbiological induced or under-deposit corrosion in any water system.
Blue Earth Labs says it will release Clearitas in markets worldwide and engineer new product versions for applications such as food processing, agriculture, legionella control and potential use in the oil and gas industry.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA