Blue Earth Patents Pipe Protection
Under this patent, Blue Earth Labs receives protection for the invention of its mixed oxidant designed to attack the organic and inorganic scale that adheres to pipe walls and other wetted surfaces in utility and commercial water systems. The company says Clearitas is the result of an advanced electro catalytic chlor-alkali process, which transforms a chlorine molecule into a highly oxidative state. It breaks down the polysaccharide layer that shields biofilms from traditional disinfectants like chlorine, thus eliminating anchor sites for bacteria and scale formation. With continued use, Clearitas prevents future biological growth and can eliminate microbiological induced or under-deposit corrosion in any water system.
Blue Earth Labs says it will release Clearitas in markets worldwide and engineer new product versions for applications such as food processing, agriculture, legionella control and potential use in the oil and gas industry.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE