Blue Earth Patents Pipe Protection
Under this patent, Blue Earth Labs receives protection for the invention of its mixed oxidant designed to attack the organic and inorganic scale that adheres to pipe walls and other wetted surfaces in utility and commercial water systems. The company says Clearitas is the result of an advanced electro catalytic chlor-alkali process, which transforms a chlorine molecule into a highly oxidative state. It breaks down the polysaccharide layer that shields biofilms from traditional disinfectants like chlorine, thus eliminating anchor sites for bacteria and scale formation. With continued use, Clearitas prevents future biological growth and can eliminate microbiological induced or under-deposit corrosion in any water system.
Blue Earth Labs says it will release Clearitas in markets worldwide and engineer new product versions for applications such as food processing, agriculture, legionella control and potential use in the oil and gas industry.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Summer Weather Spawns Thermostat Wars
- New Yorkers ‘Share’ Renewables
- Portable EV Charging Technology Used by California Government
- Siemens Monitors Condition of Motors
- Berkeley Enacts New Building Energy Saving Ordinance
- Medical Center Raises Energy Star Score from 21 to 70
- Stadium Saves 40% on Energy with LEDs
- Prescolite Adds to LED Portfolio