Green Fleet Roundup: Mitsubishi, Opel, Shell, C.R. England
Mitsubishi Electric Corp. announced it has developed a prototype electric vehicle motor drive system with a built-in silicon-carbide inverter (pictured), which will allow manufacturers to develop EVs with more passenger space and greater energy efficiency. The company plans to commercialize its new EV motor system after it finishes developing technologies for motor/inverter cooling, which will reduce the size and further increase efficiency.
Opel will showcase an improved version of ADAM, its all-aluminum 1.0 ECOTEC direct injection turbo gasoline engine-powered small car, at the Geneva Motor Show in March. The new version of ADAM will have a 3-cylinder engine and a 6-speed manual transmission that will come in two engine configurations. The 66 kW/90 hp version gives ADAM a combined cycle fuel consumption as low as 4.3 liters per 100 kilometers.
Oil and gas giant Shell has a signed a multi-year bulk fueling agreement to support the deployment of liquefied natural gas-powered trucks built by C.R. England. The trucks, outfitted by 12-liter spark-ignited ISX engines, will serve southern California, the most mature market for natural gas on-highway transportation in the U.S, according to C.R. England.
Logistics, storage, transportation and distribution services firm Goggin Warehousing will equip its entire fleet with SmartDrive to improve its workers’ defensive driving skills. Goggiin Warehousing saw a 65 percent drop in high-risk events and saved 2.2 percent of its fuel after an initial 90-day delpoyment of the SmartDrive video and data-capture safety program in selected locations,
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment