Top 10 LEED States Ranked
The US Green Building Council (USGBC) released its ranking of the Top 10 States for LEED-certified construction for last year.
The per-capita list is based on 2010 US Census data and includes commercial and institutional green building projects that were certified throughout 2013.
USGBC calculates the list using per-capita figures measuring human intervention in constructing green buildings, allowing for a fair comparison of the level of energy efficient building taking place among states with significant differences in population and, accordingly, number of overall buildings.
The full ranking of the top 10 states includes:
Projects certified in 2013
Square feet LEED certified in 2013
Per-capita square footage
|5 (tie)||New York|
*Washington, D.C., is not ranked as it is a federal district, not a state.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool