Walmart Makes WAVEs
Walmart has introduced its concept truck to reduce vehicle weight and gain greater efficiency in its transportation fleet.
The Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience (WAVE) features advanced aerodynamics and is powered by a turbine-powered, range-extending series hybrid powertrain. The trailer is made almost exclusively with carbon fiber, cutting its weight by 4,000 pounds.
In 2005, Wal-Mart set a goal of doubling the efficiency of its truck fleet by 2015 as one of its sustainability milestones.
The company uploaded a video of the truck on YouTube.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters