Walmart Makes WAVEs
Walmart has introduced its concept truck to reduce vehicle weight and gain greater efficiency in its transportation fleet.
The Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience (WAVE) features advanced aerodynamics and is powered by a turbine-powered, range-extending series hybrid powertrain. The trailer is made almost exclusively with carbon fiber, cutting its weight by 4,000 pounds.
In 2005, Wal-Mart set a goal of doubling the efficiency of its truck fleet by 2015 as one of its sustainability milestones.
The company uploaded a video of the truck on YouTube.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers