Walmart Makes WAVEs
Walmart has introduced its concept truck to reduce vehicle weight and gain greater efficiency in its transportation fleet.
The Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience (WAVE) features advanced aerodynamics and is powered by a turbine-powered, range-extending series hybrid powertrain. The trailer is made almost exclusively with carbon fiber, cutting its weight by 4,000 pounds.
In 2005, Wal-Mart set a goal of doubling the efficiency of its truck fleet by 2015 as one of its sustainability milestones.
The company uploaded a video of the truck on YouTube.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE