Walmart Makes WAVEs
Walmart has introduced its concept truck to reduce vehicle weight and gain greater efficiency in its transportation fleet.
The Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience (WAVE) features advanced aerodynamics and is powered by a turbine-powered, range-extending series hybrid powertrain. The trailer is made almost exclusively with carbon fiber, cutting its weight by 4,000 pounds.
In 2005, Wal-Mart set a goal of doubling the efficiency of its truck fleet by 2015 as one of its sustainability milestones.
The company uploaded a video of the truck on YouTube.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B