Walmart Makes WAVEs
Walmart has introduced its concept truck to reduce vehicle weight and gain greater efficiency in its transportation fleet.
The Walmart Advanced Vehicle Experience (WAVE) features advanced aerodynamics and is powered by a turbine-powered, range-extending series hybrid powertrain. The trailer is made almost exclusively with carbon fiber, cutting its weight by 4,000 pounds.
In 2005, Wal-Mart set a goal of doubling the efficiency of its truck fleet by 2015 as one of its sustainability milestones.
The company uploaded a video of the truck on YouTube.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls