Construction Principles Document Released
The Green Building Initiative (GBI) launched its Guiding Principles Compliance for New Construction (GPC NC) of federal buildings.
This is a related product to the GBI’s program for existing federal buildings, Guiding Principles Compliance EB. GPC NC was developed to reduce the amount of time and effort required from federal agencies to achieve a green building certification.
The GBI’s GPC NC Program is the first third-party assessment and rating program designed specifically for federal agencies to assess compliance with the Guiding Principles for Federal Leadership in High Performance and Sustainable Building.
GBI’s program includes a third-party on-site assessment, compliance score and rating, detailed reports, and supplemental tools to enhance and clarify the Guiding Principles Compliance process, which focuses on the following five key areas, which are equally weighted in the assessment:
- Employ integrated design principles
- Optimize energy performance
- Protect and conserve water
- Enhance indoor environmental quality
- Reduce environmental impact of materials
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables