Preserve Rolls Out Fuel Saver
The company says that system operators can save up to 11 cents per mile, avoid oil disposal liabilities, clean the environment, and preserve engine life.
The system is simple. While the standard oil filtration system is untouched, a small amount of oil is deviated to the ONBOARD ECVD system to be further refined.
- Stage one filters all particles larger than three microns. A commercial engine’s standard factory-installed filter only filters particles to 30 microns.
- Stage two extracts liquids — water, unburned fuel, glycol and other substances — by evaporation and convection. The vapors are not released to the atmosphere, but are re-burned in the combustion chamber.
According to the company, fleets changing oil eight times per year on 700 trucks would save $1.7 million annually in oil changes.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market