BASF Products to use Certified Palm Oil
BASF has announced a goal of using only certified palm oil by 2015.
The company says it is one of the first suppliers to the European home and personal care industry to use ingredients based on certified sustainable palm oil, in accordance with the principles of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). The company joins others seeking to lessen their environmental impact.
The palm oil used to produce these ingredients is sourced via either the Segregation (SG) or the Mass Balance (MB) supply chain system of the RSPO. The SG supply chain system assures that the palm oil and the subsequent derivatives are kept separated from uncertified oil in every step of the production process.
The MB supply chain system allows for mixing of RSPO-certified oil with oil from uncertified sources at any point in the supply chain. A match between the purchased volumes of certified palm oil and processed derivatives is guaranteed.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform