BASF Products to use Certified Palm Oil
BASF has announced a goal of using only certified palm oil by 2015.
The company says it is one of the first suppliers to the European home and personal care industry to use ingredients based on certified sustainable palm oil, in accordance with the principles of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). The company joins others seeking to lessen their environmental impact.
The palm oil used to produce these ingredients is sourced via either the Segregation (SG) or the Mass Balance (MB) supply chain system of the RSPO. The SG supply chain system assures that the palm oil and the subsequent derivatives are kept separated from uncertified oil in every step of the production process.
The MB supply chain system allows for mixing of RSPO-certified oil with oil from uncertified sources at any point in the supply chain. A match between the purchased volumes of certified palm oil and processed derivatives is guaranteed.
Energy Manager News
- The Benefits of Continuous Insulation
- Humber College Gets Big Energy Research Funding Infusion
- Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Final Rule Released by DoE
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 26, 2016
- FirstEnergy Asks for $4.5 Billion to Stay in Ohio
- PNM Chafes at Delays, Seeks NMPRC Ruling in 2015 Rate Case
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant