Growth Markets for Electric Vehicles Named
Los Angeles continues to lead the nation in the number of electric vehicle sales, but Atlanta showed the greatest growth surge in the fourth quarter of last year, with sales up 52 percent from the third quarter.
The Los Angeles region has the largest number of EV sales in the fourth quarter (over 5,000) and the highest number of EVs total (27,411), Atlanta, with sales of over 3,000 in Q4, led the nation with a 52 percent increase, followed by Washington D.C. with a 21 percent growth. Portland came in third, just slightly above Los Angeles with the Bay Area, San Diego, Chicago, Seattle, Miami and Detroit following close behind.
ChargePoint says the market is growing as the number of networks to charge cars continues to expand. The electric vehicle market is no longer just growing in California’s metropolitan areas. The US is on its way to having twice the number of EVs on the road by the end of 2014.
1. Atlanta – 52%
2. Washington D.C. – 21%
3. Portland – 19.4%
4. Los Angeles – 19%
5. Bay Area – 18%
6. San Diego – 17%
7. Chicago – 16%
8. Seattle – 14.4%
9. Miami – 14%
10. Detroit – 13%
Photo: Oregon DOT Flickr photostream
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works