Zero Emissions Bus Tested
The city will conduct a 90-day demonstration in which the bus will run as part of its downtown Los Angeles service, which transports an average of 29,000 passengers per weekday.
Officials said the bus will operate along on a demanding route that includes multiple stops and large passenger loads.
The bus is made by BYD Motors, a rechargeable battery and bus manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China, and Los Angeles, with a production facility in Lancaster.
BYD buses have already been demonstrated in New York, London, Paris, Madrid and Barcelona, and have been in use in Shenzhen since August 2012.
Photo: MTA Photos Flickr photostream
Energy Manager News
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates