Zero Emissions Bus Tested
The city will conduct a 90-day demonstration in which the bus will run as part of its downtown Los Angeles service, which transports an average of 29,000 passengers per weekday.
Officials said the bus will operate along on a demanding route that includes multiple stops and large passenger loads.
The bus is made by BYD Motors, a rechargeable battery and bus manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China, and Los Angeles, with a production facility in Lancaster.
BYD buses have already been demonstrated in New York, London, Paris, Madrid and Barcelona, and have been in use in Shenzhen since August 2012.
Photo: MTA Photos Flickr photostream
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables