Zero Emissions Bus Tested
The city will conduct a 90-day demonstration in which the bus will run as part of its downtown Los Angeles service, which transports an average of 29,000 passengers per weekday.
Officials said the bus will operate along on a demanding route that includes multiple stops and large passenger loads.
The bus is made by BYD Motors, a rechargeable battery and bus manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China, and Los Angeles, with a production facility in Lancaster.
BYD buses have already been demonstrated in New York, London, Paris, Madrid and Barcelona, and have been in use in Shenzhen since August 2012.
Photo: MTA Photos Flickr photostream
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years