Zero Emissions Bus Tested
The city will conduct a 90-day demonstration in which the bus will run as part of its downtown Los Angeles service, which transports an average of 29,000 passengers per weekday.
Officials said the bus will operate along on a demanding route that includes multiple stops and large passenger loads.
The bus is made by BYD Motors, a rechargeable battery and bus manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China, and Los Angeles, with a production facility in Lancaster.
BYD buses have already been demonstrated in New York, London, Paris, Madrid and Barcelona, and have been in use in Shenzhen since August 2012.
Photo: MTA Photos Flickr photostream
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries