Zero Emissions Bus Tested
The city will conduct a 90-day demonstration in which the bus will run as part of its downtown Los Angeles service, which transports an average of 29,000 passengers per weekday.
Officials said the bus will operate along on a demanding route that includes multiple stops and large passenger loads.
The bus is made by BYD Motors, a rechargeable battery and bus manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China, and Los Angeles, with a production facility in Lancaster.
BYD buses have already been demonstrated in New York, London, Paris, Madrid and Barcelona, and have been in use in Shenzhen since August 2012.
Photo: MTA Photos Flickr photostream
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners