Recycling Platform Reaches Milestone
ERP says this is the equivalent of removing 8 million cars from European roads for an entire year or eliminating 21.7 million metric tons of CO2 mostly through the effect of CFC elimination and raw materials recovery. The waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) directive mandates stricter electronic waste collection.
ERP recycling has:
• Saved 9 billion kWh of primary energy, equivalent to the power used by half a million homes;
• Recovered gold (16 metric tons), silver (130 metric tons) and copper (60,000 metric tons), with these metals reused to produce new electrical appliances, without the need to mine more raw materials.;
• Managed up 26 million TV’s, 45 million small domestic appliances, 11.5 million large domestic appliances and 8 million cold electrical appliances.
Energy Manager News
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations
- Minnesota PUC Approves New Rate Structure, Size Cap for Solar Gardens
- Maine PUC Endorses Natural Gas Pipeline Expansion at Expense of Ratepayers
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look