Recycling Platform Reaches Milestone
ERP says this is the equivalent of removing 8 million cars from European roads for an entire year or eliminating 21.7 million metric tons of CO2 mostly through the effect of CFC elimination and raw materials recovery. The waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) directive mandates stricter electronic waste collection.
ERP recycling has:
• Saved 9 billion kWh of primary energy, equivalent to the power used by half a million homes;
• Recovered gold (16 metric tons), silver (130 metric tons) and copper (60,000 metric tons), with these metals reused to produce new electrical appliances, without the need to mine more raw materials.;
• Managed up 26 million TV’s, 45 million small domestic appliances, 11.5 million large domestic appliances and 8 million cold electrical appliances.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B