Recycling Platform Reaches Milestone
ERP says this is the equivalent of removing 8 million cars from European roads for an entire year or eliminating 21.7 million metric tons of CO2 mostly through the effect of CFC elimination and raw materials recovery. The waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) directive mandates stricter electronic waste collection.
ERP recycling has:
• Saved 9 billion kWh of primary energy, equivalent to the power used by half a million homes;
• Recovered gold (16 metric tons), silver (130 metric tons) and copper (60,000 metric tons), with these metals reused to produce new electrical appliances, without the need to mine more raw materials.;
• Managed up 26 million TV’s, 45 million small domestic appliances, 11.5 million large domestic appliances and 8 million cold electrical appliances.
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging