Recycling Platform Reaches Milestone
ERP says this is the equivalent of removing 8 million cars from European roads for an entire year or eliminating 21.7 million metric tons of CO2 mostly through the effect of CFC elimination and raw materials recovery. The waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) directive mandates stricter electronic waste collection.
ERP recycling has:
• Saved 9 billion kWh of primary energy, equivalent to the power used by half a million homes;
• Recovered gold (16 metric tons), silver (130 metric tons) and copper (60,000 metric tons), with these metals reused to produce new electrical appliances, without the need to mine more raw materials.;
• Managed up 26 million TV’s, 45 million small domestic appliances, 11.5 million large domestic appliances and 8 million cold electrical appliances.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store