Recycling Platform Reaches Milestone
ERP says this is the equivalent of removing 8 million cars from European roads for an entire year or eliminating 21.7 million metric tons of CO2 mostly through the effect of CFC elimination and raw materials recovery. The waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) directive mandates stricter electronic waste collection.
ERP recycling has:
• Saved 9 billion kWh of primary energy, equivalent to the power used by half a million homes;
• Recovered gold (16 metric tons), silver (130 metric tons) and copper (60,000 metric tons), with these metals reused to produce new electrical appliances, without the need to mine more raw materials.;
• Managed up 26 million TV’s, 45 million small domestic appliances, 11.5 million large domestic appliances and 8 million cold electrical appliances.
Energy Manager News
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform
- Iowa Utilities Get Pushback on Plans for Higher Rooftop Solar Rates
- Driving Energy Efficiency in Leased Commercial Space is Complicated – and Worthwhile
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- Pitkin County (CO) Looks for Solar Opportunities