Wireless Charging Market Grows
Wireless charging for electric vehicles until recently appeared to have limited market potential. But major changes have occurred over the past 12 months as several major automakers are planning to bring wireless systems to market in the next several years.
Navigant Research now says that wireless charging is the future for plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) charging and within a decade can be the leading way of charging EVs.
Navigant forecasts that wireless charging equipment for light duty vehicles will grow by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 108 percent from 2013 to 2022, reaching annual sales of slightly less than 302,000 units in 2022.
Wireless charging systems are in the pilot phase and are expected to remain so for another few years.Â By 2015-2016, models with built-in wireless charging capability will be available from several major automakers.
The deployment of wireless EV charging systems is directly tied to the growth of those two markets: EVs and wireless power.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses