Majority Stake in Be Green Packaging Acquired
The transaction is intended to provide Be Green Packaging with human resources and capital needed to begin manufacturing in the company’s South Carolina facility, according to the company. Be Green Packaging will also expand its existing manufacturing capacity in China to meet global demand for sustainable packaging.
Company co-founders will remain invested in it and the current management team will continue to operate the company, according to Be Green Packaging.
Be Green Packaging makes Cradle to Cradle certified food service trays and containers.
Be Green Packaging’s products are made from a proprietary blend of rapidly renewable plant fibers such as bamboo, bulrush, wheat straw and bagasse, all of which have been certified compostable and recyclable.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling