Majority Stake in Be Green Packaging Acquired
The transaction is intended to provide Be Green Packaging with human resources and capital needed to begin manufacturing in the company’s South Carolina facility, according to the company. Be Green Packaging will also expand its existing manufacturing capacity in China to meet global demand for sustainable packaging.
Company co-founders will remain invested in it and the current management team will continue to operate the company, according to Be Green Packaging.
Be Green Packaging makes Cradle to Cradle certified food service trays and containers.
Be Green Packaging’s products are made from a proprietary blend of rapidly renewable plant fibers such as bamboo, bulrush, wheat straw and bagasse, all of which have been certified compostable and recyclable.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B