Majority Stake in Be Green Packaging Acquired
The transaction is intended to provide Be Green Packaging with human resources and capital needed to begin manufacturing in the company’s South Carolina facility, according to the company. Be Green Packaging will also expand its existing manufacturing capacity in China to meet global demand for sustainable packaging.
Company co-founders will remain invested in it and the current management team will continue to operate the company, according to Be Green Packaging.
Be Green Packaging makes Cradle to Cradle certified food service trays and containers.
Be Green Packaging’s products are made from a proprietary blend of rapidly renewable plant fibers such as bamboo, bulrush, wheat straw and bagasse, all of which have been certified compostable and recyclable.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend