ISO 14001 Survey Results Released
Nearly three-quarters of respondents indicated ‘high’ or ‘very high’ value for meeting legal requirements and improving an organization’s environmental performance, according to a recent ISO survey.
Also, more than 60 percent indicated ‘high’ to ‘very high value’ for management commitment and employee engagement for the international standard.
The ISO Technical Committee responsible for the revision of international environmental management system standard ISO 14001 – conducted a survey on ISO 14001 which covered a range of potential areas for continual improvement.
The survey questionnaire included questions related to the perceived value of the ISO 14001 standard for both business management and environmental management, and the extent to which ISO 14001 should address or strengthen attention to future challenges for environmental management systems.
Responses from users also suggest that ISO 14001 has provided considerable value for business management, most notably for meeting stakeholder requirements, improving public image, achieving strategic objectives, and integrating with business management systems, the survey said.
More than half of participants indicated ‘high’ to ‘very high’ value, and more than 80% indicated at least a moderate value in these areas.
Furthermore, 78 percent and 63 percent, respectively, of responses indicated at least a moderate value in terms of providing a competitive advantage and financial benefit.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs