Bluesphere in Waste-to-Energy Joint Venture
Energy company Bluesphere has signed a Joint Venture Agreement with Alfa Eco to develop turn-key and build-own-operate (BOO) waste-to-energy projects. Alfa Eco will provide turnkey and BOO projects with all required components in place (power purchase agreements, feedstock), while Bluesphere will arrange full financing.
Bluesphere said Alfa Eco has resources and relationships that can support the development of numerous joint waste-to-energy projects in partnership. Bluesphere said it is able to establish joint ventures, project financing, and long-term revenue contracts with energy industry leaders.
Bluesphere generates electricity from biogas derived from organic waste, which is mostly food waste, and sells this electricity to electric companies through long-term power purchase agreements.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments