Bluesphere in Waste-to-Energy Joint Venture
Energy company Bluesphere has signed a Joint Venture Agreement with Alfa Eco to develop turn-key and build-own-operate (BOO) waste-to-energy projects. Alfa Eco will provide turnkey and BOO projects with all required components in place (power purchase agreements, feedstock), while Bluesphere will arrange full financing.
Bluesphere said Alfa Eco has resources and relationships that can support the development of numerous joint waste-to-energy projects in partnership. Bluesphere said it is able to establish joint ventures, project financing, and long-term revenue contracts with energy industry leaders.
Bluesphere generates electricity from biogas derived from organic waste, which is mostly food waste, and sells this electricity to electric companies through long-term power purchase agreements.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Data Center Cooling
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables