Bluesphere in Waste-to-Energy Joint Venture
Energy company Bluesphere has signed a Joint Venture Agreement with Alfa Eco to develop turn-key and build-own-operate (BOO) waste-to-energy projects. Alfa Eco will provide turnkey and BOO projects with all required components in place (power purchase agreements, feedstock), while Bluesphere will arrange full financing.
Bluesphere said Alfa Eco has resources and relationships that can support the development of numerous joint waste-to-energy projects in partnership. Bluesphere said it is able to establish joint ventures, project financing, and long-term revenue contracts with energy industry leaders.
Bluesphere generates electricity from biogas derived from organic waste, which is mostly food waste, and sells this electricity to electric companies through long-term power purchase agreements.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action