IEMA Acquires Sustainability Group
GACSO is a community of corporate professionals who represent established and aspiring sustainability professionals. The founding group of GACSO members has been seeking to bond with an established environmental body to provide necessary resource, traction and drive to stimulate its membership growth and influence the group said.
IEMA will incorporate the current membership of leading individuals working in sustainability roles for companies such as Coca Cola, KPMG and HSBC, into its existing membership of 15,100.
IEMA said the move is important for both organizations in that they will become a united entity. IEMA made recommendations for the recent ISO 14001 update and said the joint organization will be a natural home for those working at the strategic end of sustainability.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices