Consultants to Monitor Pilbara Olive Python
Perth, Australia- based ecologia Environmental Consultants has been awarded a three-year contract by Fortescue Metals Group for monitoring of the Pilbara Olive Python.
Fortescue require three years of annual monitoring of the Pilbara Olive Python at their Christmas Creek operations, to comply with relevant approvals and management plans. ecologia has recently conducted the same Pilbara Olive Python monitoring program at Fortescue’s Solomon Mine and Mainline Rail project areas.
ecologia’s zoology team has completed over 50 terrestrial fauna assessments and monitoring programs across the Pilbara.
As part of this award ecologia will annually conduct seven-day field surveys during the summer over the next three years, to monitor and record the Pilbara Olive Python’s activities. The monitoring search patterns and methods will include pre-determined road spotting during dawn and dusk, visiting pre-determined monitoring sites each night and recording, micro-chipping and DNA sampling of pythons which are found during the surveys. This will allow population estimates and quantitative statistical analysis to be calculated.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Summer Weather Spawns Thermostat Wars
- New Yorkers ‘Share’ Renewables
- Portable EV Charging Technology Used by California Government
- Siemens Monitors Condition of Motors
- Berkeley Enacts New Building Energy Saving Ordinance
- Medical Center Raises Energy Star Score from 21 to 70
- Stadium Saves 40% on Energy with LEDs
- Prescolite Adds to LED Portfolio