Consultants to Monitor Pilbara Olive Python
Perth, Australia- based ecologia Environmental Consultants has been awarded a three-year contract by Fortescue Metals Group for monitoring of the Pilbara Olive Python.
Fortescue require three years of annual monitoring of the Pilbara Olive Python at their Christmas Creek operations, to comply with relevant approvals and management plans. ecologia has recently conducted the same Pilbara Olive Python monitoring program at Fortescue’s Solomon Mine and Mainline Rail project areas.
ecologia’s zoology team has completed over 50 terrestrial fauna assessments and monitoring programs across the Pilbara.
As part of this award ecologia will annually conduct seven-day field surveys during the summer over the next three years, to monitor and record the Pilbara Olive Python’s activities. The monitoring search patterns and methods will include pre-determined road spotting during dawn and dusk, visiting pre-determined monitoring sites each night and recording, micro-chipping and DNA sampling of pythons which are found during the surveys. This will allow population estimates and quantitative statistical analysis to be calculated.
Energy Manager News
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency
- SCE&G Customers to See Lower Bills, Renewable Energy Charge Starting in May
- Marin Clean Energy Could Cut Rates As Seven More Cities Join
- ASHRAE Looks at Energy Efficiency in a World Without Price Tags
- New York City Goes Big on Solar