Food Lion Switches to Sustainable Seafood
Under Food Lion’s seafood sustainability policy:
- Food Lion’s suppliers will provide full traceability back to the source fishery or seafood farm for seafood products sold.
- Wild-caught seafood will come from source fisheries that are governed by credible, enforceable and science-based management plans that respect the amount of harvest to ensure seafood populations will continue to be healthy in the future.
- Farm-raised seafood is certified and reviewed to ensure that production does not harm communities, workers, the environment or human health.
- The Gulf of Maine Research Institute will confirm fisheries that supply seafood are responsibly managed.
- Monitoring and compliance measures are in place to ensure harvest levels are maintained within appropriate limits.
Photo: nanotaken Flickr photostream
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland