Food Lion Switches to Sustainable Seafood
Under Food Lion’s seafood sustainability policy:
- Food Lion’s suppliers will provide full traceability back to the source fishery or seafood farm for seafood products sold.
- Wild-caught seafood will come from source fisheries that are governed by credible, enforceable and science-based management plans that respect the amount of harvest to ensure seafood populations will continue to be healthy in the future.
- Farm-raised seafood is certified and reviewed to ensure that production does not harm communities, workers, the environment or human health.
- The Gulf of Maine Research Institute will confirm fisheries that supply seafood are responsibly managed.
- Monitoring and compliance measures are in place to ensure harvest levels are maintained within appropriate limits.
Photo: nanotaken Flickr photostream
Energy Manager News
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates