Food Lion Switches to Sustainable Seafood
Under Food Lion’s seafood sustainability policy:
- Food Lion’s suppliers will provide full traceability back to the source fishery or seafood farm for seafood products sold.
- Wild-caught seafood will come from source fisheries that are governed by credible, enforceable and science-based management plans that respect the amount of harvest to ensure seafood populations will continue to be healthy in the future.
- Farm-raised seafood is certified and reviewed to ensure that production does not harm communities, workers, the environment or human health.
- The Gulf of Maine Research Institute will confirm fisheries that supply seafood are responsibly managed.
- Monitoring and compliance measures are in place to ensure harvest levels are maintained within appropriate limits.
Photo: nanotaken Flickr photostream
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses