Automated Estimation Tool Offered
Fresh-Aire UV has introduced SCOPE, an automated estimation software tool for reducing energy-intensive outdoor air requirements through ANSI/ASHRAE 62.1‘s VRP and IAQP provisions.
SCOPE is a free custom-written software tool that calculates minimum outdoor air allowances and return-on-investment (ROI) results when applying VRP and IAQP’s sorptive air cleaning provision. ASHRAE recently introduced the IAQP to help facilities trim operational costs by partially reducing outdoor air dilution by five to 30-percent through the use of sorptive air purification methods.
Engineers, contractors or building owners can register for SCOPE download a Windows-compatible executable file. Required Input parameters include unit size, airborne contaminants of concern, building use and other related statistics. SCOPE automatically calculates and inputs weather data based on more than 50 selected North American geographical regions, plus the quantity and capital cost of APCO Rack Systems needed.
Results are exported as a full color PDF file which displays the amount of ASHRAE 62.1-compliant outdoor air reduction allowed, energy savings, ROI (in U.S. dollars) and air purification equipment payback as a result of employing the APCO Rack System. The exported PDF file presentations can enhance commercial building HVAC new construction project bids and substantiate LEED credits.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council