Cradle to Cradle Product Standard Under Revision
The Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard will be updated, and for the first time, outside input will be sought.
The standards revision will continue throughout the year and will culminate in a new Cradle to Cradle Product Standards Revision to be finalized in the first quarter of 2016.
The call for advisors with scientific, academic, and/or industry expertise will be spread across the following five fields:
1. Material health examines whether ingredients are safe for human health and the environment
2. Material reutilization evaluates whether products can return safely to nature or industry after use
3. Renewable energy and carbon management measures the use of renewable energy in product manufacturing and assembly
4. Water stewardship determines whether product manufacturing processes protect water supplies
5. Social fairness evaluates the impact upon employees and communities involved in product production
This revision will result in Version 4 of the standard.
(This story has been updated. The new Cradle to Cradle Product Standards Revision will be finalized in the first quarter of 2016.)
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland