Cradle to Cradle Product Standard Under Revision
The Cradle to Cradle Certified Product Standard will be updated, and for the first time, outside input will be sought.
The standards revision will continue throughout the year and will culminate in a new Cradle to Cradle Product Standards Revision to be finalized in the first quarter of 2016.
The call for advisors with scientific, academic, and/or industry expertise will be spread across the following five fields:
1. Material health examines whether ingredients are safe for human health and the environment
2. Material reutilization evaluates whether products can return safely to nature or industry after use
3. Renewable energy and carbon management measures the use of renewable energy in product manufacturing and assembly
4. Water stewardship determines whether product manufacturing processes protect water supplies
5. Social fairness evaluates the impact upon employees and communities involved in product production
This revision will result in Version 4 of the standard.
(This story has been updated. The new Cradle to Cradle Product Standards Revision will be finalized in the first quarter of 2016.)
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20