FirstCarbon Solutions and CDP Announce Expand Global Partnership
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) and CDP have expanded their global scoring partnership. CDP has designated FCS as its global sustainability business process outsourcing (BPO) partner under a three-year agreement.
CDP says it provides an information platform for investors to protect their long term investments and reduce the risks arising from environmental externalities. It also helps organizations implement successful supplier engagement strategies, reduce supply chain emissions, control water impact and manage risk.
As CDP’s global sustainability BPO partner, FCS will take on an expanded role in CDP’s scoring programs and initiatives and manage a greater scope of work under CDP investor-led programs. FCS will now become the scoring partner for the S&P 500 and FTSE 350 climate change disclosures, analyzing how companies are progressing toward a lower-carbon future.
CDP investor initiatives – backed in 2014 by more than 767 institutional investors representing an excess of $92 trillion in assets – give investors access to a global source of year-on-year information that supports long-term objective analysis. This includes evidence and insight into companies’ greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and strategies for managing climate change, water and deforestation risks.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls