FirstCarbon Solutions and CDP Announce Expand Global Partnership
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) and CDP have expanded their global scoring partnership. CDP has designated FCS as its global sustainability business process outsourcing (BPO) partner under a three-year agreement.
CDP says it provides an information platform for investors to protect their long term investments and reduce the risks arising from environmental externalities. It also helps organizations implement successful supplier engagement strategies, reduce supply chain emissions, control water impact and manage risk.
As CDP’s global sustainability BPO partner, FCS will take on an expanded role in CDP’s scoring programs and initiatives and manage a greater scope of work under CDP investor-led programs. FCS will now become the scoring partner for the S&P 500 and FTSE 350 climate change disclosures, analyzing how companies are progressing toward a lower-carbon future.
CDP investor initiatives – backed in 2014 by more than 767 institutional investors representing an excess of $92 trillion in assets – give investors access to a global source of year-on-year information that supports long-term objective analysis. This includes evidence and insight into companies’ greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and strategies for managing climate change, water and deforestation risks.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store