FirstCarbon Solutions and CDP Announce Expand Global Partnership
FirstCarbon Solutions (FCS) and CDP have expanded their global scoring partnership. CDP has designated FCS as its global sustainability business process outsourcing (BPO) partner under a three-year agreement.
CDP says it provides an information platform for investors to protect their long term investments and reduce the risks arising from environmental externalities. It also helps organizations implement successful supplier engagement strategies, reduce supply chain emissions, control water impact and manage risk.
As CDP’s global sustainability BPO partner, FCS will take on an expanded role in CDP’s scoring programs and initiatives and manage a greater scope of work under CDP investor-led programs. FCS will now become the scoring partner for the S&P 500 and FTSE 350 climate change disclosures, analyzing how companies are progressing toward a lower-carbon future.
CDP investor initiatives – backed in 2014 by more than 767 institutional investors representing an excess of $92 trillion in assets – give investors access to a global source of year-on-year information that supports long-term objective analysis. This includes evidence and insight into companies’ greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and strategies for managing climate change, water and deforestation risks.
Energy Manager News
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy
- Chicago Church Strives for Energy Efficiency
- Small, Medium Size Commercial Building Efficiency Market to Grow
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending June 24, 2016
- FERC Rules Against Tri-State Fee on Local Renewable Power
- Marin Clean Energy to Reduce Rates and Expand Service Area in September
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense