GRI Chief Ligteringen to Quit
The Global Reporting Initiative’s chief executive¬†Ernst Ligteringen has announced plans to leave the sustainability reporting standards organization by the middle of 2015, having indicated his desire to look for a new role over the past year.
Ligteringen (pictured) has headed GRI for 11 years.¬†During his tenure, the number of organizations producing sustainability reports has increased from a handful into the thousands, of which over 75 percent refer to the GRI Guidelines, the organization said.
GRI has retained the services of headhunter Perrett Laver to assist in the search for its new chief executive. The organization did not supply details of any future role for¬†Ligteringen.
In February, GRI¬†launched a G4 Content Index Tool and a G4 Brochure for New Reporters. The two latest resources are intended to help companies prepare sustainability reports using the¬†latest generation of GRI‚Äôs sustainability reporting guidelines, G4, which was released in May last year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System