Industrial Scale Bio-Thermic Digester Introduced
Advetec has introduced an industrial scale Bio-Thermic Digester (BTD), designed to process and reduce high volumes of organic waste, particularly in waste water.
High water content makes transport expensive and incineration is expensive and inefficient. Increasing levels of contaminants such as heavy metals and antibiotics limit its use as a soil conditioner, and the net result is that utilities have no choice but to send it to landfill.
The Advetec Bio-Thermic Digester is a containerized solution capable of converting 33 metric tons of organic waste material, over a 48 to 72 hour period, reducing the volume by over 96 percent. The resulting discharge is clean water and a small quantity of sterile waste material.
The BTD is container size and part of a complete system consisting of hoppers, shredders, augers, storage tanks and piping, designed and tailored to match each customer’s differing needs.
Energy Manager News
- New York Solar Installations Soar 300%
- Tiny, Solar-Powered Circuit Is 80% Efficient
- California Grid to Maintain Reliability Despite Drought
- Largest Solar Project Installed on Closed Landfill Under Consideration
- TerraForm Buys 930 MW Wind Portfolio for $2B
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M