Industrial Scale Bio-Thermic Digester Introduced
Advetec has introduced an industrial scale Bio-Thermic Digester (BTD), designed to process and reduce high volumes of organic waste, particularly in waste water.
High water content makes transport expensive and incineration is expensive and inefficient. Increasing levels of contaminants such as heavy metals and antibiotics limit its use as a soil conditioner, and the net result is that utilities have no choice but to send it to landfill.
The Advetec Bio-Thermic Digester is a containerized solution capable of converting 33 metric tons of organic waste material, over a 48 to 72 hour period, reducing the volume by over 96 percent. The resulting discharge is clean water and a small quantity of sterile waste material.
The BTD is container size and part of a complete system consisting of hoppers, shredders, augers, storage tanks and piping, designed and tailored to match each customer’s differing needs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B