Industrial Scale Bio-Thermic Digester Introduced
Advetec has introduced an industrial scale Bio-Thermic Digester (BTD), designed to process and reduce high volumes of organic waste, particularly in waste water.
High water content makes transport expensive and incineration is expensive and inefficient. Increasing levels of contaminants such as heavy metals and antibiotics limit its use as a soil conditioner, and the net result is that utilities have no choice but to send it to landfill.
The Advetec Bio-Thermic Digester is a containerized solution capable of converting 33 metric tons of organic waste material, over a 48 to 72 hour period, reducing the volume by over 96 percent. The resulting discharge is clean water and a small quantity of sterile waste material.
The BTD is container size and part of a complete system consisting of hoppers, shredders, augers, storage tanks and piping, designed and tailored to match each customerâ€™s differing needs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses