Industrial Scale Bio-Thermic Digester Introduced
Advetec has introduced an industrial scale Bio-Thermic Digester (BTD), designed to process and reduce high volumes of organic waste, particularly in waste water.
High water content makes transport expensive and incineration is expensive and inefficient. Increasing levels of contaminants such as heavy metals and antibiotics limit its use as a soil conditioner, and the net result is that utilities have no choice but to send it to landfill.
The Advetec Bio-Thermic Digester is a containerized solution capable of converting 33 metric tons of organic waste material, over a 48 to 72 hour period, reducing the volume by over 96 percent. The resulting discharge is clean water and a small quantity of sterile waste material.
The BTD is container size and part of a complete system consisting of hoppers, shredders, augers, storage tanks and piping, designed and tailored to match each customer’s differing needs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market